Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Creamy Chicken & Rice

Calling all newlyweds or soon-to-be newlyweds or just anyone who cooks for just two people: I have the recipe for you! I know most everyone has eaten some sort of chicken & rice recipe. It is one of my favorite comfort foods, and I have not attempted to make it until tonight. This past weekend, we went to Pigeon Forge, and I found a Goosberry Patch cookbook at the Apple Barn that I had to have. It is titled Comfort Foods, and it has some great recipes, the creamy chicken & rice being one of them. In the back of the cookbook, there is a section called "Comfort Foods for One or Two." I have been looking for something like this since we got married. I always felt like I cooked a feast & we always had tons left over, so I have been in search for recipes for two! This recipe is super easy & can also be doubled or tripled, depending on your family size.

Creamy Chicken & Rice 3/4 c. instant rice, uncooked 10-3/4 oz. can cream of chicken soup 1-1/2 lbs. chicken (I used 2 chicken breasts) 2 T. onion soup mix

Mix together rice and soup; spread in an 8"x8" baking dish. Arrange chicken pieces on top; sprinkle with soup mix. Cover with aluminum foil; bake at 325 degrees for 1-1/2 hours, until chicken juices run clear when pierced. Serves 2.
I took a picture of the ingredients, but we were so hungry, I forgot to take a picture of the finished meal! :o) oops

No comments: