Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The beginning of summertime

Jayden, after getting soaked on the Slidewinder
She makes me smile :o)
Last week, the sun came out, the rain went away, and we were able to enjoy our first days of summer. Last Wednesday, John T.'s parents, sisters, & I went to Dollywood. I had not been in a couple of years, and Taleah & I had fun riding the Mystery Mine, TN Tornado, & Thunderhead, while Jayden stuck with the Bees & Swings. We did talk her into riding Daredevil Falls & the Slidewinder...she hated DD Falls, but loved the Slidewinder! We also enjoyed a very yummy funnel cake with strawberries & whipped cream! Then, on Thursday, we had our first pool day of the summer. It was lots of fun...until...Jayden & I went to the shed to get some floats out. I was trying to dodge the bees & hornets, when Jayden says "Is that a snake????" Oh yes, crawling in the river rocks around the pool was a creepy, slimy, copperhead! Needless to say, in a matter of minutes, I grabbed Jayden & we ran inside to get John T.'s dad... the snake is no longer living, thanks to Tim. :o) That was the 4th copperhead killed aorund John T.'s parents' house, and then on Friday, his dad killed a rattlesnake with 8 rattlers! EEEWWW!!! there is nothing else I hate more!

No comments: