Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Cupcakes & Egg Hunt #1

Last night, my MIL Lorrie & SIL, Jayden came over & helped me cut out lots of cute decor for cupcakes I made for the nurses at work.

I got all of my cut-outs from Gwynn Wasson Designs on facebook. She was very gracious & sent everyone who liked her page, a free file of Easter cut-outs! She also donated to Japan's diaster relief for everyone who liked her page!



The finished product! I made a simple carrot cake recipe from Kraft & added the cut-outs for a special touch! The nurses at work loved them! :o)


When I got home from work today, I headed to my in-laws' house to dye eggs & have an egg hunt with Jayden & her friend/neighbor Emma.

I saw a cute idea for dying eggs with food items you may already have in your house, such as blueberries, Jell-O, Now & Later candies, Red Hots, etc. in Food Network magazine. We tried blueberries & a mix of strawberry & orange jello. They took a very LONG time to dye, but I thought they turned out pretty!



I was so afraid we were going to dye Lorrie's countertops with blueberry juice, so I made our dying station in the sink! :o) It worked pretty well!



  Jayden with one of the blueberry dyed eggs.


All we did was boil 2 cups of water, add 1 tablespoon of vinegar & our ingredient. We mashed the blueberries to let all of the juices drain out & then we strained the mixture to just have juice. I added more vineger once the mixtures were off the stove to make the dying process go a little faster.

We had lots of fun!

No comments: