Sunday, May 1, 2011

Extraordinary Women, Johnson City, TN

On Friday, I, along with my mom & two other friends, drove to Johnson City, TN, for the 2011 Extraordinary Women Conference.


This was the first time Mom & I had ever been to one of these conferences. We were most excited to hear Lysa TerKeurst, the author of Made to Crave speak on Saturday, especially since we just finished her Bible study!


On Friday night, we listened to one speaker, & then there was a concert with Francesca Battistelli! I <3 her! She is so cute & I love her love for God & her music!


Saturday was my mom's 52nd birthday! We arrived bright & early to Freedom Hall! We had a full day of amazing speakers, and one of them was our favorite...Lysa!




After Lysa spoke, we got the opportunity to get a picture with her, & I had my book autographed. I was super nervous meeting her for some reason! All I could say was "Thank you for writing this book...it has changed my life!" I did tell her it was my mom's birthday, and she told her Happy Birthday after we were done talking with her. :o) Mom is the one who introduced her blog, books, etc. to me in the first place, and I am just so glad she did!


We had a wonderful Friday & Saturday!

I love these ladies! :o)

No comments: