Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

Oh my goodness, what a glorious weekend we had! It didn't go by too fast, and we just had so much fun!

Friday night, we took Jayden to the mall to do some shopping, and she spent the night with us. :o) We woke up Saturday morning, took her back to John T.'s parents' house & then got ready to go to the game!



It was about 100 degrees when we got to Neyland stadium!




I really wanted to dress cute, but I knew it would probably be pointless, and oh my, I was right! Right before the band started to form the power T for the players to run through, they announced that a severe storm was blowing through, and we all had to take cover. We headed to the concourse, underneath the stadium. Once we got there, I literally felt like a sardine stuffed in a can! We couldn't move at all. I just held on to John T. It was kind of scary at times because some people were fighting back & forth & everyone kept pushing! It was SO hot & we had to stay there for about 45 minutes.

Finally, we decided that it would be ok if we went back out...we didn't really care at this point because we were so miserable! By this time, it was pouring down rain, and it actually felt so good just to sit & let the rain drench us! Once we got back to our seats, we were ready to go & were actually more excited than before because the crowd was really starting to get fired up!





I was loving Coach Dooley's pants!!




We really enjoyed the game, especially since it was one we will never forget! The Vols beat Montana 42-16! Go Big Orange!

I took this picture of the outside of the stadium as we were leaving. I thought it looked so pretty!



Sunday, we went to church & then relaxed most of the afternoon. We didn't go to bed until around 2 a.m. on Sunday morning, so I took a long nap, and it felt great! Sunday night, we had a cook-out at John T.'s parents' house, & afterwards, we came home and organized our closets! I love the feeling of knowing we have clean, organized closets. I know I am weird, but at the start of every new season, I get in a nesting mood, where I want to clean & organize everything! Yesterday, I organized the freezer & pantry!

Our Labor Day was definitely relaxed. It consisted of grocery shopping, laundry, Pinterest & chicken taco chili (I will post the recipe tomorrow). It was one of the best days we have had in a while! It rained all day long, and it was just perfect!



1 comment:

The Smith's said...

I am pretty sure you are the only person in the world who could get soaked by rain and still look adorable! And I cleaned out our pantry on Labor Day. I was frantic about it almost. Will kept saying to just leave it alone and that it was no big deal, but I was stressing because it was a wreck in there! I feel much better now!