Monday, November 7, 2011

October...Where did you go?

October is probably my favorite month of the year. It is filled with lots & lots of stuff to do, fun decorations, football & the list goes on! We had something going on every week & weekend during the month, so I thought I would do a post dedicated to the entire month!

I already blogged about our anniversary on the 4th, so I will start after that.

On October 5th, we celebrated my SIL Taleah's 21st birthday with cherry cheescake & presents at John T.'s mom & dad's.


On October 14th, I met Taleah & the rest of her bridesmaids at David's Bridal in Knoxville to try on dresses for her wedding coming up in May. We found the perfect one (it will be in a color called "malibu"...kind of like an auqa blue).

I look like a Gator fan with my orange watch on! ha!

On October 15, John T. & I went to the UT/LSU game. The definite highlight of the game was getting Peyton Manning's autograph before the game! My friend Tim ushers in a section really close to the field, and we were just talking to him, when all of a sudden, I looked up & saw Peyton walking off the field! We all went crazy!! I ended up having to climb over chairs (in my boots & dress, may I add) to get the autograph. We were so close to him, and I kept telling John T. to say something to him (he has looked up to him since he was a little kid, if you know us, you know what I mean), but he didn't even know what to say! It was definitely something we both will never forget!




The next day on the 16th, we celebrated Jayden's 7th birthday at Frozen Head State Park. Her theme was Lalaloopsy, and I thought her cake was so cute! She had a great time with all of her friends.



Getting candy after the pinata busted!

Before we went to the party, we went to a little greenhouse in Harriman (Brown's, the best!) to get mums & pumpkins. I love decorating for fall, & I love for both of us to go & pick everything out!




After the party, we decided to take a trip, as we say. :o) All it means it driving around the "country, outdoorsy parts" of Wartburg. We drove for a couple of hours & took pictures at Nemo & in a field that had a beautiful view.








When we got home from our drive, we carved a pumpkin. We have been married for 3 years, but this is the first year we carved a pumpkin. I found a cute idea on Pinterest, using a drill to make holes in the pumpkin. It looked so pretty when we lit the candle inside of it! It was super hard to get a picture that did it justice, though.






On the 20th, after I got off work, I met my best friend Brittany & her little boy Easton at her mom's. Britt lives in middle Tennessee, so I only get to see her every once in a while now. I absolutely LOVE spending time with her (& now Easton!). We had the best afternoon just catching up & playing. I love these two more than anything!



On the 21st, I met my aunt Sharon at my mom & dad's, and we made 150 treat bags to hand out on Halloween at their house. They always get so many trick-or-treaters, so I look forward to it every year! We spent almost 3 hours making these! I thought they turned out super cute though (great idea, mom!).



On the 23rd, after church & lunch, we met up with John T.'s family & rode the rangers. We always have so much fun & the fall scenery was perfect. It made for a great Sunday afternoon!



The coal mine in New River




On the 29th, I had to take a test for work that I had been studying for all week, so I decided to treat myself & get a Mummy cupcake from The Cup when I finished! It was perfection!

I want to do a separate post about Halloween as soon as my mom sends me her pictures, but for now, here is a sneak peek. :o)
Big, huge army man with my dad! This guy was hilarious!

Happy Fall, & please don't forget Thanksgiving! I feel like the world goes straight from Halloween to Christmas, without remembering Thanksgiving. It is one of my favorite holidays, & I am so excited that it is only a couple of weeks away!


No comments: