Friday, January 27, 2012

Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta

Last night, I made one of John T.'s favorite meals. I'm pretty sure it would make anyone happy! 

The first time I made this was on new year's eve after I found the recipe on Pinterest. It is very rich, so I can't have too often, but once in a while never hurts. :o)

My absolute favorite thing to order at Chili's (besides their chips & salsa) is the Cajun Chicken Pasta. This recipe is strikingly similar (minus the chives & tomatoes)!

{I tweaked the Pinterest recipe for those of you have it pinned like me!}

Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta

What you need:


2 bags of refrigerated chicken breast strips (LOVE these)

1/2 box linguine, cooked according to package instructions (more or less depending on how many you are cooking for)

2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
{I like this brand}

2 tablespoons butter

3/4-1 cup heavy whipping cream

2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
{I like love this brand}

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon dried basil

1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

{side note: when it comes to spices, I rarely measure...I typically just throw in a pinch here & there until it "looks right" to me}

How you make it:

Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl & toss to coat. (In the meantime, boil your water & cook your pasta.)


In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter until chicken is heated through, about 5 minutes.


Reduce heat, add heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper & heat through.


Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.


I served ours with garlic toast.


YUM-O!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh! Looks so yummy! I'll have to try it next week :-)

-E

http://dayofinspiration.blogspot.com/

The Smith's said...

I made this for supper tonight and it was so easy and so yummy! I added mushrooms to it because we love mushrooms. I will definitely be making it again sometime!