Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!

I feel like all I talk about on this blog is working, ha!, but John T. & I both worked New Year's Eve/Day, so we didn't have much excitement at our house. :o)

I did pick up some cupcakes & sparkling grape juice to celebrate on New Year's Eve, and then we were in bed by 9:30!



After we got off work on New Year's Day, we headed to Minnie's for our traditional NY's Day meal: hog jowl, black eyed peas, cabbage, fried potatoes & cornbread. I always look forward to this meal!

{notice my one black eyed pea...that's all I can stomach!}

Afterwards, John T.'s little sister, Jayden spent the night with us. We played for a little while & then went to bed.


{Jayden got this Justin Bieber game for Christmas, & it was super hard! We had to answer all sorts of questions about his songs to get to meet him backstage :o) }

I definitely had my first experience with motherhood during the night...Jayden had an awful cough & kept us both up for a few hours during the night. She was so pitiful. :o( I gave her cough medicine, tablespoons of honey, oranges, lozenges (scared to death she would choke because she was coughing so much, but John T. suggested it, & it helped the most, I think!). After waking up at 1a.m. & again from 5-6 a.m., she finally fell asleep, and we all ended up sleeping until around 10 a.m.! 

After we got up, we headed to Cracker Barrel for breakfast & then went to Wal-Mart to pick out some nail polish & coloring book/crayons. :o) 

I am really looking forward to what 2012 is going to bring! So many exciting possibilities!

Happy New Year!

No comments: