Sunday, March 8, 2009

Time for a change

So, I went to Lifeway last Tuesday night, and I was in search of a good book. Right now, my job is only allowing me to work PRN. When I am at home & away from the hospital, I try to keep myself busy & occupied. I felt like I needed something sustaining in my life...something life-changing. I am not usually a book person at all, but I just wanted something different. I went straight for the top-sellers, and I recogonized this title because I have seen other bloggers mention how great it is. So far the book has not let me down. It tells the story of Mary & Martha, when Jesus & His Disciples come to visit them. Martha is so concerned with how everything looks, if the house is clean, how much food to make etc., while Mary is just concerned with Jesus. She sits at His feet and listens to Him. I am in Chapter 2 right now, entitled, "Lord, Don't You Care?" It is really, really good so far, and I always look forward to the time when I can just sit down and read it. Has anyone else read it or heard good things about it?

1 comment:

The Smith's said...

I haven't heard anything about that book before...but whenever you are done with it, I might need to read it. If you want a really good series to read you have to read Karen Kingsbury's Redemption series. It is followed by the Firstborn series and then the Sunrise series. It is all about a family in Indiana. It is SOOOO good. I still have 5 books left to read and I am already sad to think about when I get done and have to leave this family! Momma has the books and you could borrow them from her. They are very addicting!! Let me know about that book though and if it ends up being really good!