Friday, April 24, 2009

Such thing as a low-fat milkshake?

I was reading this blog last night, and got a sudden craving for a homemade milkshake. I have been trying to follow the guidelines of Weight Watchers these past few weeks to prepare for Brittany's wedding & summer, and I thought if I wanted a milkshake that bad, I could surely come up with a low-fat recipe. So, here's what I came up with...a few scoops of Edy's Slow-Churned, low-fat Vanilla ice cream, a cup or so of skim milk, and Hershey's syrup (which always surprises me...b/c there are only 100 calories in 2 tbsp!) They turned out so yummy...even John T. loved them, & he is NOT a sweet eater like me!

3 comments:

The Raymonds said...

They make lowfat herseys syrup too :) Just thought you might like to know...and it taste really good as well. And I love the cup- think I have the same Southern Living ones!

All About the Armes' said...

Thanks! :o) and...I LOVE my Southern Living cups...they are the best!

The Smith's said...

That looks really good! I will have to remember that next time I need something sweet!