Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009

We had a fabulous Christmas this year. It started out on December 20 at John T.'s granny's house. We had great food (fruit pizza...my favorite!) and got lots of great presents. Below, is a traditional picture we take with all of the grandkids (John T. & I, with his sisters, Taleah & Jayden). I love looking back and see how we have changed over the years.
On Christmas Eve, we ate lunch with John T.'s extended family at his granny's. We went to his mamaw's for supper & more presents on Christmas Eve. On Christmas morning, John T. & I exchanged presents from each other and this is what I got: I was super excited! I spent the rest of the morning reading the instruction manual and PDF files that came with the camera software, and I couldn't wait to use it when we went to my mom & dad's that afternoon.
We spent Christmas night with my mom, dad, aunt Sharon & uncle Daryl. We were spoiled with lots of great presents again, and my mom made the best meal: pork loin, corn, stuffing, green beans, & rolls (from Fresh Market...my favorite!). Sharon brought a delicious chocolate log for dessert, too. This was one of my favorite presents! I love all things Vera Bradley, and I fell in love with the Symphony in Hue pattern.

Mom also got me this necklace that we found at a Christmas vendor show. It has a tiny mustard seed in the silver circle at the top. I love it so much!

...I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20

It's back to work for us tomorrow; however, I am only working tomorrow and New Year's Eve, so I am hoping to gets lots of organizing/cleaning, etc. done this week. Oh, and I found some great after Christmas deals yesterday at Wal-Mart that I will blog about later! Do any of ya'll have a tradition of after Christmas bargain shopping?

2 comments:

The Smith's said...

I hope to get some organizing and cleaning done this week too! I went to walmart Saturday and got some wrapping paper and icicle lights (for our house next year!). All 1/2 off of course! Good luck with your organizing this week! I am working Tuesday (I know...gasp!) but I plan on getting rid of junk the rest of the week!

Amanda said...

I love the mustard seed pendant, that is one of my favorite Bible verses (well, one of many :). Glad you had a great Christmas!