Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Day

John T. & his dad went to cheer on the Vols at the Chick Fil-A bowl in Atlanta on New Year's Eve, so I spent the night with my mom & dad, just like old times! :o) We had a great night, just watching the game & when it was over we switched it over to Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve and watched the ball drop (it's a tradition!).

For lunch on New Year's Day, we went to Minnie's (JT's granny's) to eat hog jowl, black eyed peas, cabbage, pinto beans, fried potatoes & cornbread. Now, if that's not southern, I don't know what is! It was so good! I had lots of hog jowl & 3 black eyed peas for "good luck" in 2010.

Cornbread & hog jowl Pintos, black eyes peas, fried potatoes, & cabbage

I'm having breakfast in the morning with mom & 2 of my 2nd moms, Teresa & Donna, at Cracker Barrel, and then John T. & I are going to do lots of shopping in Knoxville. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: