Thursday, December 31, 2009

What we were up to in 2009...

January

The most exciting parts about January involved our jobs. I became employed as a PRN nuclear medicine tech in Lenoir City on January 5! John T. turned 23 on January 14 (pictured with some of his b-day gifts below), and he found out he was hired as a SPO in Oak Ridge on January 22! 2009 started out great for us!

February

We had a fair amount of snow this month, and Taleah, Jayden, & I had a fun time playing in all of it! We also celebrated our first Valentine's Day as a married couple.

March

We made the trip to Hampton, TN, in March to watch Taleah & the Lady Bulldog basketball team in the sub-state game. Sadly, they lost, but we had a good trip! Then toward the end of March, I went for the first time, with the Baptist women at church to the WMU Annual Meeting in Gatlinburg. We had a wonderful time, and I am looking forward to going in March 2010 as well!

April

My nuclear medicine class of 2008 had our first reunion in Gatlinburg at the annual Tennessee nuclear medicine technologist's state meeting (Jessica Riley & I at the Old Mill Restaurant, below). I helped host a bridal shower for my best friend Brittany (May) Smiley. We celebrated Easter. Dad and a few of his friends successfully completed a 1/2 marathon held annually in Harriman. We also celebrated lots of birthdays, including John T.'s mom, Lorrie, & my mom & dad. Mom turned the big 5-0!! :o)

May

I love May because it means summer is getting close! We celebrated Mother's Day by taking mom out to eat at Calhoun's. Taleah graduated from high school. Jayden & I had lots of pool days. I celebrated my 23rd birthday. Brittany married Daniel on May 30, and I was a bridesmaid!

June

We went to an Atlanta Braves game with mom & dad. Christina showed the HHS girls Brayden's nursery for the first time...he would arrive in August.

July

We celebrated the 4th of July by watching the fireworks in Kingston and having a cook-out. I picked up more hours at work by working in the hospital pharmacy as a pharmacy tech. I hosted Christina's baby shower for Brayden. We had our first Sunday school get-together at mom's.

August

We celebrated John T.'s mamaw's 67th b-day. Brayden Knobloch was born August 18. Taleah left for college at Motlow State in Tullahoma. John T. started helping coach the CMS football team.

September

This month consisted of one thing & lots of it: football! Every Thursday, I cheered on the CMS bulldogs & my assistant coach husband. :o)

October

This month began with our 1st anniversary trip to Indianapolis! This was one of the best trips EVER, and we're already planning to go back sometime in the fall next year. We also decorated for fall (my favorite season), celebrated LOTS of birthdays, including Jayden's 5th. We ended the month by celebrating Halloween at my mom's. I <3> October!

November

My HHS girls & I went out to eat for the first time with Brayden. John T. & I went to the Tennessee/Vanderbilt game. We celebrated a wonderful Thanksgiving.

December

We saw our first snow of winter, and we celebrated our 2nd Christmas together as a married couple.

Goodbye, 2009! Welcome, 2010! I love new beginnings, and I can't wait to see what is in store for us this year!

1 comment:

The Smith's said...

That picture of you with the snow is really cute! Looks like you had a great year!