Friday, August 27, 2010

Mini Vacation-Day OnE

Today, we headed out early for a weekend vacation to Kiawah Island, South Carolina. I had been to KI twice, when I was little, and I was really looking forward to going again!



We arrived around 3:30 and headed straight to the beach. We snapped a view pictures of the beach & other parts of the island, and then we headed to Charleston for the evening.

We were super hungry, and so many people from home told us to try Hyman's Seafood, so we went there first. It was really good, and the portion size was unbelievable!

Boiled peanuts: these were everywhere in the low country!
Mom's shrimp & grits
John T.'s halibut steaks
Dad & I got the same thing...fried clam stips & the biggest fries I have ever seen!
After Hyman's, we walked around the town for a bit...and looked at all of the architecture, alleyways & graveyards...

and then we finally made our way to cupcake!

This was the cutest little cupcake shop! I chose the chocolate tuxedo & it did not disappoint! I <3 ganache!


After Cupcake, we tried to kill time before it got dark because we were waiting to go on a ghost tour around town. It ended up being pretty funny, but it was neat to see a lot of Charleston on foot.

1 comment:

Julia said...

We LOVE the Charleston area! We did a ghost tour a few years ago and it was pretty funny, too. We also did a Civil War walk which was awesome. I am going to have to check out that cupcake shop the next time we go!