Thursday, September 30, 2010

I Heart Fall

I know I have mentioned this so many times, that y'all are tired of hearing it, but I LOVE fall!

I worked Monday & Tuesday this week and was off with John T. on Wednesday & today, and we have just had the best time. The fall weather is so beautiful, & it just feels so good outside. We sat on the porch this afternoon & just enjoyed everything that God has blessed us with. I thank Him everyday for the life He has chosen for me. Sometimes, I may not understand everything that He has planned for me, but I know at the end of the day, He has a purpose, and it is great, so I give Him glory for that.

I decided that today was the day to get pumpkins & mums. I couldn't wait any longer! I have seen so many blogs & magazines that have mentioned painting pumpkins, and I just had to give it a try. Oh my goodness, I am now hooked! If John T. wouldn't kill me, I would buy 100 pumpkins and paint them! :o) I just did this little one below tonight, and I love how it turned out! I bought the acrylic paint at Wal-Mart (black, white, & gold) & I also got some little circle sponges to paint with. It was so easy & pretty fun, too!



The first year we were married, we got white mums, last year we had white & yellow, and this year I was really wanting some orange ones (and I also wanted to try white pumpkins because I loved them at our wedding).

I think everything turned out pretty cute.


Love the T flag flying, too! :o)

Tomorrow's Friday, back to work, one more day this week for me! Yay for UT scrubs! I hope everyone has a great Friday & a fabulous weekend.

3 comments:

Julia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julia said...

CUTE pumpkin! I'm looking forward to painting some next week (or maybe this weekend if I can't wait that long, ha!). Love the display on your porch, too. White pumpkins are so pretty!

How did your collage turn out?

The Smith's said...

The fall decorations are so cute! Now that I have a house I want to put out some pumpkins! I was going to let the kids paint some, but I think now I am going to have to paint some too! Very cute!