Monday, September 20, 2010

Our Weekend in Indianapolis

 Oh y'all! This past weekend was absolutely fabulous! This was our second trip to Indianapolis for a Colts game. You can read about last year's trip here.

We left Tennessee on Friday morning and made it to Indianapolis around 2:30. The drive was amazing. It was so pretty, with lots of corn fields along the way!


 Driving through Louisville, KY
  Crossing the KY/IN line.
  Lots of corn! 
Our hotel room: it was glorious! We stayed at the Hilton, downtown. When we arrived, we headed down the street to Circle Centre Mall to do a little shopping & then had supper at PF Changs. This was our first time eating here, crazy, I know! They gave us free lettuce wraps, and they were SO good!

 On Saturday, heading out to the mall & Buffalo Wild Wings. GO VOLS!
                                  We stayed across the street/roundabout from Monument Circle
  Eating lunch at BWW!


 After lunch, we spent the afternoon watching UT vs. UF. It was pretty awful, but I am really hoping we will start to do better in the next few weeks! After the game, we went back to the mall for one last trip (their mall is 3 floors of greatness!) & ordered a pizza for supper.

Sunday was game day! We started out by eating breakfast at Panera Bread & ended up going back for lunch! ha! The Colts/Giants game wasn't until 8:20 that evening, so we literally spent the majority of our day watching, you guessed it, football! We watched the Titans/Steelers game, and a little later, we went to a huge TJ Maxx that was right beside our hotel. I LOVE that place! Not so much for the clothes, but mostly for their home decor & kitchen stuff! I ended up getting a pair of tongs, sifter, tray & a really cute animal print bath towel by Ralph Lauren for our guest bathroom that I was pretty excited about! I think I spent ~$18 for everything!

I had not planned to buy another jersey this year, but I could not pass up the polka dots! We are getting ready to leave the hotel & walk to to Lucas Oil!


 I <3 this picture!

 The captains meeting before the coin toss. Peyton vs. Eli!



 This was so cool!
                                                               Getting ready to kick-off!

I snapped this picture after the game, as we were walking back to our hotel. I thought it was so pretty!

Indianapolis is such a fabulous city! I hope we are able to go back, year after year to watch the Colts play!

The Colts ended up beating the Giants, 38-14!

 GO COLTS!

No comments: