Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

Since I was in middle school, I have been getting up early to shop on black Friday. I always remember my aunt Sharon taking my cousin Ashley, and I couldn't wait until she thought I was "old enough" to handle it, I guess. :o) She started taking me with them when I was in middle school, and I loved it! I didn't so much like getting up at 4:00 a.m., but I loved getting to spend the day with them. As I got older, we began to start out later & later, and a couple of years ago, we actually went shopping around 6:00 p.m. on BF, and it was so nice! Since I have been married, I still got up early and ventured out for deals I just had to have! Last year, John T. went with me for the first time, and he was just shocked by everything & everyone, I think. We had a great time though, but to be honest, most of the deals we got last year, we don't even use now, i.e. a second PS3 controller, Call of Duty or whatever that game is called (JT only plays NCAA football, and from what I have heard from other wives, I should be thankful for this! lol).

Anyways, this year, I decided that after looking at all of the sale papers, there just wasn't one thing that I had to have at 4:00 a.m. So...I decided to head out a little later and shop with my mom & our friend Teresa. We started out at my favorite place for breakfast, Mimi's Cafe, and took our time from there. We hit up Wal-Mart, Target, Belk, & the usuals, and I actually ended up buying everything that I had picked out in the sale papers at 10 or 11 a.m. instead of 4 a.m., & it felt really good. Mind you, I got the last item of what I wanted at each store, but I did get it! ha! One thing I really wanted was a new area rug that Target had & another was a bathroom organizer from KMart. I LOVE both! We had a really great day, and we all got a great start on our Christmas shopping!

No comments: