Thursday, January 13, 2011

January Snow

Ok y'all, so this week has been absolutely crazy. Monday morning, I woke up with John T. at 3:45 a.m., looked outside and saw that we had tons, I mean tons of snow. I decided to follow him in to work and then drive on to Lenoir City from Oak Ridge. Oh.my.goodness. I had to be at work at 6:30 a.m., and a drive that usually takes me ~40 minutes took me 2 hours. It was by far the scariest driving experience of my life. I have no one to thank but God for getting me to work safely. I had no control!

Needless to say, I ended up staying at the hospital on Monday night. I spent the night with my mom and dad on Tuesday night, and I finally made it back home after work on Wednesday! It felt great to be safe at home!



These pictures were taken when I got home Wednesday night. It was still snowing, but the main roads were pretty clear.



This is what our front yard looks like this morning. It will probably take forever for everything to melt because the temperatures aren't supposed to get very high for the next few days.
I am off today and getting ready to get my hair cut, then I'm going to Wal-Mart to pick up food, etc. for John T.'s 25th birthday party tomorrow night. I am so excited it! :o)

No comments: