Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year, New Things

Our first week of the new year has been great!

I already blogged about what I did on New Year's day, but I also wanted to add this little project that I finished on Jan. 1st, too!

We recently laid new tile in our kitchen... JT & his dad did most of the work, and while they were moving a large cabinet we have in our laundry room, they accidently knocked a nice hole in our wall (right below the switch box).

JT patched the hole and painted over it with this cool chalkboard paint. I thought it turned out pretty cute! At first, I was going to use it as a little chalkboard, but then I decided that some kind of wall words would look better. I ordered these words from VinylGraffiti on etsy.

I thought my first little project of 2011 turned out pretty cute! I love it, and I think it is a pretty great way to cover up a mistake! :o)




A new item I purchased last night for the new year is the Shark Stick Vac. I have the steam mopper & LOVE it, so I'm hoping I will love this just as much. We have all hardwood floors & a couple of area rugs, and it is supposed to do great on both. I am actually excited about vacuuming later today!




My favorite new things to share about are these books I purchased last night. One of the things I want to improve on in 2011 is reading more books & watching less TV. I got Crazy Love & Radical for myself and kind of stole Playing with Purpose from JT :o). I have heard amazing things about Crazy Love & Radical, and I am just really excited to read about the lives of these three new NFL QBs & their love for God.


We are having a snowy Saturday, hanging out at home, watching the U.S. Army All-American game & the TN/Arkansas b-ball game. Later, we are going to play in the snow on the Ranger! :o) Tonight, the Colts play the NY Jets in the first round of the play-offs, & I am trying out a new recipe (Beef & Cheese Foldover) that I am pretty excited about making! 


Happy Saturday from our snowy home to yours!

No comments: