Thursday, January 6, 2011

Winter of Snow


On Wednesday, when I got off work at 5:00, this is what I walked out to...

 I always watch Good Morning Tennessee when I am getting ready in the mornings, and the meteorologist only predicted snow for the mountatins. She was definitely wrong! I think the snow took everyone by surprise. It took my mom an hour & a half to get home from work (it usually only takes about 30 minutes!).
I drove from work to my mom & dad's to eat supper, and then I drove home to get more scrubs & my stuff to get ready for the next morning. John T. was on midnights, & I decided to just spend the night with them because I didn't want to chance what our mountain roads would be like this morning!

Mom & I followed each other to work this morning, and we made it just fine; however, while walking to my car at their house, I slipped on some ice & slammed my right hip on the concrete! It hurt so bad, and I have a huge bruise as a reminder!

Most of the snow was melted by this afternoon, but they are calling for more this weekend!

No comments: