Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011

New Year's Eve day, I met up with JT's mom & sisters in Knoxville and picked up Jayden. We went to Old Navy, the Cup in Turkey Creek to pick up some yummy cupcakes, did a little shopping at the mall & then did some grocery shopping at Wal-Mart.

She had been begging to spend the night with us over her Christmas break, so we decided that New Year's Eve would be a perfect night! I fixed baked spaghetti, salad & garlic bread, and Lorrie came over to eat with us.

We had cupcakes & sparkling grape juice for dessert!



I thought these bottles that Target had were so cute! I hated to throw it away!

 We got the Cupcake Sampler as well as two of our favorites, Tuxedo!
 Jayden, John T. & Lorrie
 Jayden LOVED the cupcakes!

John T. had to be at work the next morning, so he had to go to bed pretty early. Jayden & I stayed up playing the Wii & watching Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve, but we fell asleep around 11:15 before the ball dropped. We were exhausted, but we had a really fun night!

New Year's Day, I took Jayden to Minnie's, where we met the rest of JT's family to eat hog jowl, black eyed peas, fried potatoes, fried cabbage & cornbread: a New Year's tradition! It was all so yummy! (except the fried cabbage...I do not do cabbage of any kind!) I came home, caught up on the DVR & waited for John T. to get home so he could eat his new year's leftovers!

Today, I went with one of my best friend's, Ashley, to visit Faith Promise Church in Knoxville. It was amazing...just what I needed! I am really looking forward to going again and taking John T. when he isn't working. I am setting a goal for myself for 2011 to live my life more for God, to have the faith & the confidence to give all of myself to Him...to get back into Bible study. I am so thankful for the life he has chosen for me, and I will say it again...I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store! I am so excited!

No comments: