Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The past few days...

We have been on a project kick for the past few days, months, in our house!

Two things about our house, when we bought it, that we didn't necessarily like, but could live with, was the fact that neither bathroom had doors. It wasn't that big of a deal because each bathroom is in each bedroom (that do have doors), but it was still something that we wanted to fix. Well, 3 years later, we now have bathroom doors!

Another thing that we kind of just thought of on a whim was that the bed we had in our guest bedroom was taking over the room! So...we decided to buy a daybed, and I am loving it! The room has so much more space now! We got a pretty good deal, I thought, from hayneedle.com. We have ordered another piece in the past from there, and I have been very satisfied with their service & prices.


I don't know about anyone else, but I HATE buying pillows! I love how they turn out in the end, but I just think they are way overpriced for something that is only used for decoration. However, I bit the bullet & searched for deals at Wal-Mart, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Burkes Outlet & Big Lots, and this is what the finished product looks like. I am pretty satisfied, but I will be even happier when we figure out what to do with our treadmill (see bottom left corner). We I still use it, but I just think that it is an eye sore! Someday in the hopefully near future, we will build a garage/man cave & store it in there! One day, this room will be used for a nursery, so it will definitely have to be out of there by then! ;o)


Another project I tackled this weekend was organzing our medicine/office supply/cookbook cabinet in our kitchen. I only took a before picture of the mess of medicine because that was the only thing I planned on organizing, but then I went into overdrive & ended up organizing the entire cabinet!



BEFORE: This is a pic of the meds...they were on the bottom shelf on the left side of the cabinet.


 AFTER: I found these cute storage bins at Wal-Mart for $7.47 for two. I really love how it turned out! SO.MUCH.NEATER!

I hope everyone is having a good week!

John T. & I are both off tomorrow, and we are planning a date day & using gift cards/certificates we have had for a long time! I am excited! :o)

No comments: