Sunday, April 24, 2011

Rice Krispie Pizza for Easter

First of all, I have to give credit for this recipe to cookies and cups...my new favorite blog!

I tweaked it a little, but it was only because I bought 1 bag of marshmallows, by accident, & her recipe calls for 2.

Ingredients 
4 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
2 cups of Fruity Pebbles
1 stick of salted butter
1 bag of mini marshmallows


Step 1: Prepare 16" round pizza pan by spraying lightly with nonstick spray


Step 2: Over low heat, melt butter in a large sauce pan. I love using my nanny's dutch oven when I make rice krispie treats. I think it is so pretty!



Step 3: When the butter is melted, add marshmallows, stirring until melted.


Step 4: When the marshmallows are melted, remove from heat. Stir in both cereals until combined.


Step 5: When combined, transer mixture to pizza pan.


 Step 6: Press evenly overe pizza pan. (I used a sheet of wax paper to help me.)



Now, time for frosting!

Ingredients
1 7 oz. container of Marshmallow creme
1 stick of room temperature butter (very important for it to be room temp.)
1 1/2 cups of sifted powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
Your favorite Easter candies to decorate, I used Peeps & M&Ms!



Step 1: Beat together the marshmallow cream & butter until smooth. Slowly add in vanilla & powdered sugar and continue mixing on medium speed until combined & smooth.


 Step 2: Spread the frosting!



Step 3: Top with your favorite candies!


I took this to John T.'s granny's this afternoon after our egg hunt, and everyone seemed to like it! It was very rich, but oh so good!




No comments: