Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Women of Joy Weekend

This past weekend, I went to the Women of Joy conference in Sevierville with my mom, & some other great ladies! The conference was held at the Wilderness at the Smokies Resort. We actually stayed down the road at a Hampton Inn, which was really nice, but I definitely want to go back & stay at the Wilderness some time this summer.

This was the first Women of Joy conference I had been to, and we will definitely be back next year! The whole weekend was such a blessing. For any of you who may be familiar with Women of Joy or other women's conferences, some of our speakers included Donna Gaines, Liz Curtis Higgs, Becky Tirabassi & Thelma Wells. They were all wonderful!


 Mom & I on Friday night before worship began




Charles Billingsley was our worship leader for the weekend. He was amazing!


Mom & I on Saturday night before the Casting Crowns concert!


 Our group of ladies: Mom, Mrs. Kincaid (she was my 2nd grade teacher, and I will never be able to call her Nancy..lol), Cathy, me & Mona



Casting Crowns performed for us on Saturday night. It was so awesome! They are probably my favorite Christian group. I just love all of their music...especially this song, "Who Am I."

I am already looking forward to next year!

No comments: