Friday, May 27, 2011

Vacation-Day 1

FRIDAY

Today, at 6:24 a.m. (Eastern time) exactly, we left Wartburg & headed south, through Georgia & Alabama to Ft. Walton Beach, Florida! I love road trips with John T. They are actually pretty fun, and we enjoy passing the time with singing lots & lots of country songs. :o)





We made a couple of stops to get out & walk around, but we ended up making it to our condo around 2:30 p.m. Central time. We checked in & brought in all of our luggage to our condo.





After settling in, we headed out to eat at Chick Fil-A (we did not stop at all to eat on the way down, so we were SO hungry!). After CFA, we drove to Wal-Mart & picked up our groceries for the week...Chewy bars, Diet Dr. Pepper, bread, sandwich meat, cereal, milk, OJ, etc. I know it's weird, but I love grocery shopping for a week at the beach! Sandwiches always taste so much better at the beach! We also made a quick trip to Krispy Kreme for John T.!




We came back to our room & relaxed! I was so tired from the day of traveling, and I took like a 3 hour nap! John T. drove the whole way down, but he wasn't sleepy at all. He watched TV while I slept, and after I woke up, we took a walk on the beach, right before sunset. It was so pretty! We walked a really long way down the beach & by the time we got back, our heels/feet/back were killing us because the sand was so thick! It was a good work-out though! 

I'm excited about our first beach/pool day tomorrow! I am so ready for a tan!

I also had to share my new flip-flops I bought before we left...go VOLS!

1 comment:

Julia said...

LOVE those flip-flops! I'll have to get me some of those. :o)