Monday, October 10, 2011

Allardt Pumpkin Festival

The first weekend of October, my mom, dad & I drove to Allardt, TN, for the Pumkin Festival. This was my second year to go, but this was mom & dad's first.


The tiny city of Allardt gets flooded with crowds during this weekend. I heard some people say they thought it was going to cave in because of all the people! It was super cold, too!

The park, which is pretty much in the center of town, fills up with tons of craft & food vendors. They had everything from hairbows to funnel cakes to twisted potatoes to pumpkins rolls...lots of pumpkin rolls! My college roommate grew up in Allardt, and I was so glad to see her!






Buying John T. a pumpkin & raisin loaf

We walked around the park & then headed to the volunteer fire dept. for BBQ. While we ate, we watched the costume contest for the kiddos. The winners were a bro+sis who were dressed as a confederate soldier & southern belle. They were adorable! {should have got a picture}

After we ate, we walked to the car show, which my dad loved. On the way, I bought a mini pumpkin cupcake with cream cheese frosting, and it was so good! We also checked out the huge pumpkins, watermelons, etc. that people brought to enter in the contests. These were amazing!




It made for a great start to October! Hopefully next year, John T. will be off & will be able to go with us!



No comments: