Thursday, February 18, 2010

Snow & Surgery

One thing I looked forward to about living where I do is getting more snow than the county right beside us. Well, last winter, I was disappointed because we never really got what one would call a "good snow." This winter, however, has been a completely different story! At the end of January, we got 4 inches of snow & ice that kept me in for the whole weekend. This week, on Monday morning, we woke up to 3.5 inches, and I had to troop through it all and make it to work. I have never driven on roads so bad in my life, but I made it, and I was so proud of myself! LoL Finally, by that afternoon the roads were clear, but we still have a ton of snow on the ground right now. Hopefully, it will warm up this weekend and melt everything away. There are only so many times a girl can mop her floors!

On Tuesday, we woke up early and I took John T. to have his septoplasty surgery. It had snowed Monday night and was coninuing to snow Tuesday morning. We couldn't believe it! My mom met us at the surgery center and after many magazines and 3 hours later, he was ready to come home. He actually did a lot better that I thought (and a lot better than I would!). He is really stopped up due to lots of packing the dr. had to put in his nose, but he goes back Monday to have everything taken out, and hopefully he will be able to breathe normally for once in his life! I took off work for the past three days to take care of him, but I go back tomorrow and work the weekend. Please keep him in your prayers that he would start to have some comfort to breathe normally! :o)

Also, my friend Chasity lost her mom on Monday morning, and her family could use lots of prayers right now. I am still shocked that Nancy is no longer here, but I know that she is not sick anymore, and she is with Jesus, which is such a comforting feeling. "For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ." Colossians 2:15

2 comments:

Simply Me said...

new follower :)

Unknown said...

Praying for your friend who lost her mom. That breaks my heart.

Hope you guys have gotten some relief from all the snow!