Friday, February 18, 2011

Show Us Your Life--Alma Maters

Today, Kelly's Korner is hosting Show Us Your Life--Alma Maters




I went to Belmont Univeristy in Nashville, TN, starting in 2004, & I graduated in August 2008.



Some of our famous alumni include, Brad Paisley, Trisha Yearwood, Josh Turner, Julie Roberts & Miss USA 2007 Rachel Smith, just to name a few. I'm sure there are many students there now who will soon be famous. The majority of students major in Music Business. When I went on my visit, I was the only student in my group not having that major!

I decided on Belmont because it was one of the only colleges in Tennessee that offered my major, Medical Imaging Technology. I also wanted to "go away" for college, but I didn't want to go to a big school. Belmont, at the time, was a Southern Baptist school, which I loved, and it was small. I really missed home though, especially when I first started. It took me a while (the entire first semester), but I learned to love Nashville. I LOVED the four years that I spent there, and I love going back to visit.


My freshman year, I met my friend for life, Katie, who actually lived about an hour away from my hometown. We hit it off immediately, and lived together on campus in an apartment for 3 years. We did lots of shopping, eating & concert-going during our 3 years together. She still lives in Nashville, but we still keep in touch, and I know we always will.


 We also loved celebrating holidays & were so much alike, yet so different!


My senior year, I only had one class at Belmont, and the rest of my classes/training were at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. This is where I definitely met some friends for life! There were 8 of us in my nuclear medicine tech. class, and we were all so close!

We traveled to Memphis together...


  and to St. Louis...


  I also met another best friend out of this group, Jessica Riley-Pearson. I don't know what I would done without her that year. We are like sisters, and I love her to death!


My 2 best friends, during all 4 years were these two, Emily & Adam. We studied together, ate countless lunches/suppers together, and laughed together so many nights. We were definitely the 3 Musketeers!






Belmont is such a great school. My classes never had more than 25 people, and we all became so close with each other and our professors. I am so blessed to have been able to go there.

GO BRUINS!!

6 comments:

Tamar SB said...

What great memories and an interesting sounding major!

Tamar - linking from Kelly's blog

Brittney said...

I almost went to Belmont! Is it NOT a Southern Baptist School anymore?

Katie @ Team Skelley said...

My cousin went to Belmont! It is a beautiful campus, I used to work around the corner on West End. :) Over from Kelly's Korner!

Kate said...

I found your blog from Kelly's SUYL. I went to Belmont too! I graduated in Dec. 2007. Our paths probably crossed!

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

My son is at Belmont right now! He loves it.

Sewconsult said...

Arrived here from Kelly's Korner. So glad that your experience was great at Belmont. My brother, sister, and older daughter and niece all graduated from Belmont. Our younger daughter started out at Belmont and finished at MTSU. Did you know Megan Stephens? She is my niece and was a religion major.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

P.S. I also worked on campus in the bookstore, about 15 yrs ago. Just doesn't seem that long ago!