Monday, September 19, 2011

Chocolate Chip Poundcake

We went to John T.'s family's church homecoming on Sunday, and I made this chocolate chip poundcake to take to it. I normally don't like any kind of poundcake, especially with no icing, but I wanted to make something that wasn't too indulgent, since I just finished teaching Made to Crave at the church!

I first saw this recipe from Jennifer and then saw it again on Jessica's blog, so I had been wanting to try it for a while.


photo courtsey of love from texas


I thought it turned out so delicious! It was so moist & wasn't too rich. I will definitely make it again!

Here's what you need:

box of yellow cake mix
box of instant chocolate pudding mix (3.9 oz)
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
1 cup of vegatable oil
1 cup of sour cream (you can use the less fat version)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Here's how you make it:

Beat together all ingredients, except chocolate chips. Stir those in by hand. Bake in a bundt pan (greased with baking spray) for 50-60 minutes at 325 degrees. Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.

1 comment:

The Smith's said...

Looks great! I might have to try that sometime!