Sunday, February 19, 2012

Be My Valentine

The past week flew by! I love having different things to do during the week, but man, it makes it go by fast!

Tuesday was one of my most favorite holidays! I love everything about Valentine's Day...the colors, the meaning, having the excuse to eat a few treats. :o)

We had a pretty low key V-Day. After I got off work, I picked up some cupcakes from Carly & headed home to make our favorite meal that I have blogged about recently, Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta!

{These cupcakes were divine}

We ate supper, exchanged our gifts for each other & just hung out. It was a perfect night! I am so incredibly blessed with an amazing, wonderful husband!

{I found this idea on Pinterest & just had to do it! Rolos, red paper, black pipe cleaner & gold ribbon}

Wednesday night, we went to watch the Vols & the Hogs play. It was a great game!








FINAL SCORE!
GO BIG ORANGE!!

Our weekend has been pretty low key...church this morning, lunch, coupon clipping/printing this afternoon, & I have Cupcake Wars playing in the background! 

Two side notes: can I just say that YouTube has been my friend lately?! For a while now, I have been wanting to change my eye make-up routine. I have been seeing tweets about this make-up artist's videos being life changing in the make-up area, and, wow...I learned that just a few simple tricks can transform what my eye make-up looks like! I typically use all Clinique products, give or take a few, and I dug out some of my old eye shadows this morning, followed along with the tutorial with what I had on hand, and I was pleasantly surprised! I will definitely remember her tricks from now on! 

And...this afternoon, while I was printing coupons from Target, my printer kept jamming. Paper jam, then carriage jam...drove me nuts!! I tried everything (I thought) to fix it, but I finally broke down & googled my problem. With the help of YouTube, I realized my camera memory card (that I left sitting on top of the  printer) fell & was stuck inside the printer. I had to open a little door on the bottom of the printer to retrieve it! You have no idea how excited I was that it was a simple fix. We just bought the printer a month ago! ha! Thank you, YouTube!

I hope everyone has a great week!

I want to leave you with a picture I found yesterday on a blog that really spoke to my heart. This is awesome, so true & I so needed to see it!




This is another one I loved that I saw on Pinterest recently...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why do cupcakes always look so dang good!?!?!

and i love those quotes.

so inspirational.

Sister, we need each other! said...

found your blog by accident!

GO VOLS!!!