Saturday, June 1, 2013

{vacation: days 5-7}

Tuesday, May 28
Tuesday started out a little differently. We decided to take a little drive to the mall in Mary Esther because they had an Old Navy with a maternity section! I was on the search for some cute capris & found some! whoop!

After Old Navy, we went to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch. We both got BBQ, & it was really good!

We headed to the beach around 1:00 & then to the pool for the rest of the afternoon. We just hung out at the condo & had sandwiches for dinner.


Wednesday, May 29
The ocean was raging this morning! The red flags were out & we were told not to go in the ocean unless we were knee/waist deep. 



There was also a purple flag out to be on the alert for marine life that may wash on shore. We started looking & these little jellyfish were everywhere! They were pretty, but that's about it! I have a huge fear of jellyfish!


After the beach & pool, we got ready to eat dinner at Pompano Joe's. We've been coming to Destin for years, but this was our first time eating here.

The view from our table:

After eating, we went to see a movie at Destin Commons & shared a yummy white cherry ICEE! Yum!


If that wasn't enough, we stopped by the Donue Hole on the way back to the condo! I got a caramel cupcake & John T. had two donuts!


Thursday, May 30
I woke up starving at 5:00 a.m. this morning, so I got up, ate a yogurt & fell back to sleep on the couch watching a Baby Story. :o) My growling belly woke me up again at 7:00, so I had some peanut butter & crackers & a banana. Whew...baby must be having a growth spurt because I have not been able to get enough food, very similar to the first few weeks of my pregnancy! It was super windy when John T. woke up, so we decided just to do a little more shopping instead of going to the beach/pool. 

We started out at the Outlet mall again, and then we headed to one of my favorite places in Sandestin, the Boulevard. It is a super nice & quiet shopping area that has one of our all time favorite restaurants: Cantina Laredo. YUM! Baby Armes (& I) were so excited about some real chips & salsa & tacos!




I was so excited & surprised to see that an Altar'd State had been built across from CL since last summer. I found a cute dress & some new jewelry. LOVE that store & all they stand for. 

We had a pretty relaxed afternoon...we ate dinner at Chick Fil-A & ordered our crib for Baby Armes' nursery! So exciting!

No comments: